At the start of 2018, I’ve been dedicating alot of my time to reading. It’s been amazing and I feel like it’s really given me perspective and direction. One of the books I’ve been reading is called How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci. I am hoping to share a book review with you on it soon! This book has offered up alot of interesting exercises and has led me to ask myself alot of thoughtful questions.
One of the exercises the book encourages is to ask yourself 100 questions. You are supposed to sit down, think about your life, and write out any and all questions that come to your mind until you get to 100 questions in one sitting. The questions can be about life in general and can include anything you are curious about. For example: How can I experience more thrill in my life? How can I make my life more meaningful? Really, anything goes. At the end of the exercise you should identify themes that emerge. In other words, are your questions mostly about money, business, relationships, fun, the meaning of life, fitness etc. You can try this the other way around too, you can choose 10 themes and then see what questions come up when you choose a topic or area of your life.
The book offers up 10 power questions:
- When am I most naturally myself? What people places and activities allow me to feel most fully myself?
- What is one thing I could stop doing, start doing, or do differently starting today that would most improve the quality of my life?
- What is my greatest talent?
- How can I paid for doing what I love?
- Who are my most inspiring role models?
- How can I best be of service to others?
- What is my hearts deepest desire?
- How am I perceived by my closest friend, my worst enemy, my boss, my children, my coworkers etc.?
- What are the blessings of my life?
- What legacy would I like to leave?
I decided to share these questions because I think they can truly transform your life. Often we are so caught up with our routine that we forget to take time out of our busy days to focus on the things that truly matter. Sometimes we are going down a path and even when things don’t feel “right” we do not course correct or we wait until everything is visibly awful to make a change. Are you living a life you feel passionate and fufilled about? Do you feel your life is meaningful? Are you sharing your gifts? Are you being of service to others?
If not, then you should stop what you are doing and try this exercise now! I hope you find it useful. Feel free to share your results with me. I will share your feedback on my instagram story!