Buy the Book on Amazon:
This is the first book I’ve read in 2018. It has been on my reading list for a while and I only wish I read it sooner. I highly recommend this book and if it is on your reading list I strongly suggest making it a priority to read it next.
This book gives an amazing foundation on the mindset one must have to make radical changes in their lives. It basically reduces achievement to a science. It presents thought provoking questions to ask yourself and depending on how you apply it, it can be a game changer when working towards your goals. Everyone on the planet should be required to read this book.
- Adopt a definite purpose and stand by that purpose until it becomes an all-consuming obsession. You must have a burning desire to get what you want.
- Seek expert counsel before giving up.
- Learn by doing.
- Time marches on and waits for no one.
- Capability means imagination.
- Much of that which is taught in school is no value whatsoever in connection of starting a business or earning a living.
- We are all the masters of our fates and the captains of our soul. We have the power to control our thoughts. Our brains become magnetized; these magnets attract to us the forces, people, circumstances of life which harmonize with our dominating thoughts.
- Real leaders of the world have converted thoughts into skyscrapers.
- Conduct yourself as you would as if you are already in possession of the things you want.
- The conscious mind will transmute into its physical equivalent any order which is given to it in the state of belief or faith.
- Religions have failed to tell people how to have faith. They have not stated that it’s a state of mind and it may be induced by self-suggestion.
- Faith is the eternal elixir which gives life, power, and action to the impulse of thought. Faith is the starting point of all accumulation of riches. Faith is the basis of all miracles and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science.
- Faith is the only known anecdote for failure. Faith is the element, the chemical which when mixed with prayer gives one direct communication with infinite intelligence. Faith is the element which transforms the ordinary vibration of thought created by the finite mind of man into the spiritual equivalent. Faith is the only agency through which the cosmic force of infinite intelligence can be harnessed and be used by man.
- Faith is wrapped in the principle of auto suggestion. One comes finally to believe whatever one repeats to themselves. Every man is what he is because of the dominating thoughts which he permits to occupy his mind. Thoughts which a man deliberately placed in his own mind and encourages with sympathy and which he mixes any one or more of the emotions constitute the motivating forces which direct and control his every movement, act, and deed.
- Thoughts which are mixed with any of the feelings of emotions constitute a magnetic force which attracts from the vibrations of the ether other similar or related thoughts. A thought thus magnetized with emotion may be compared to a seed which when planted in fertile soil germinates, grows and multiplies itself over and over again until that which was originally one small seed becomes countless millions of seed of the same brand. The ether is a great cosmic mass of eternal forces of vibrations. It is made up of both destructive vibrations and constructive vibrations. It carries with vibrations of success and health just as it surely carriers hundreds of different types of music and human voices. The human mind is constantly attracting vibrations which harmonize with that which dominates the human mind. Any thought, idea, plans or purpose which one holds in one mind attracts a host of its relatives; adds these relatives to its own force and grows until it becomes the dominating motivating master of the individual of whose mind it has been housed.
- Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought. This is why you are asked to write out a statement of your major purpose or definite chief aim, commit it to memory and repeat it in audible words day after day until these vibrations of sounds have reached your subconscious mind. We are what we are because of the vibrations of thought which we pick up and register through the stimuli of our daily environment. Resolve to throw off the influences of any unfortunate environment and to build your own life to order. Taking inventory of mental assets and liabilities you will discover that your greatest weakness is lack of self confidence. This handicap can be surmounted, and timidity translated into courage through the aide of the principal of auto suggestion. The application of this principal may be made through a simple arrangement of positive thought impulses stated in writing memorized and repeated until they become a part of the working equipment of the subconscious faculty of your mind.
- Knowledge will not attract money unless it is organized and intelligently directed through practical plans of actions to the definite end of accumulation of money.
- Knowledge is only potential power. It becomes power only when and if it is organized into definite plans of action and directed to a definite end. This missing link in all systems of education known to civilization today may be found in the failure of institutions to show how to organize and use knowledge after it is acquired.
- Education is Latin for, to induce, to draw out, to develop from within. An educated man is one that has so developed the faculties of his mind, that he may acquire anything he wants or its equivalent without violating the rights of others.
- Both success and failure are largely the results of habit.
- There is something to the idea that hero worship is helpful.
- Close association with one who refuses to compromise with circumstances he does not like is an asset that can never be measured in terms of money.
- Remember the idea is the main thing. Specialized knowledge may be found around the corner. Any corner.
- We can create anything which we can imagine. Of all the ages of civilization this is the most favorable for the development of the imagination because it is an age of rapid change. On every hand one may contact stimuli which develop imagination.
- Man’s only limitation within reason lies in his development and us of his imagination.
- Both synthetic and creative faculties and imagination become more alert through use just as any muscles develop through use.
- Desires only a thought; it is abstract and of no value until it has been transformed into its physical counterpart.
- This earth, every one of the billions of individual cells of your body and every atom of matter began as an intangible form of energy. Desire is thought impulse. Thought impulses are forms of energy. When you begin with the thought impulse desire to accumulate money you are drafting into your service the same stud that nature used in creating this earth and every material form in the universe. Including the body and brain in which the thought impulses function. The entire universe consists but of two elements – matter and energy. Through the combination of energy and matter has been created everything which perceptible to man.
- Truly thoughts are things and their scope of operation is the world itself.
- Ideas can be transmuted into cash through the power of definite purpose plus definite plans.
- Generally speaking an idea is an impulse of thought that compels action.
- Ideas have the power to live on after the brain that creates them turns to dusk.
- Education needs people who teaches others how to apply knowledge to their life.
- The real employer of today is the public!
- The day of the go getter has passed. He has been supplanted by the go giver.
- There is something radically wrong with a civilization and a system of education which permit 98 percent of people to go through life as failures.
- Employers get the best out of men not by criticism but by constructive suggestion.
- Nothing that life has to offer is worth the price of worry.
- You have the power to feed your mind with whatever thought impulses you choose.
- Life is a checkerboard and the player opposite you is time
Thought Provoking Questions
- Who has the most inspiring influence over you? What is the cause?
- Do you have a method in which you can shield yourself from the negative influence of others?
- Has today added anything of value to your stock of knowledge or state of mind?
- Can you name three of your most damaging weaknesses? What are you doing to correct them?
- Have you learned how to create a mental state of mind where you can shield yourself from all negative influences?
- By what rules do you judge who is helpful and who is damaging you?
- How much time do you spend at the following? : occupation, sleep, play/relation, acquiring useful knowledge, plain waste
- Who amongst your closest friends encourages you the most?
- What above all else do you most desire?